Amazon’s 36-hour sale starts on Monday the 16th, July 2018 at 3pm. Amazon will feature more than one million deals, with the following countries benefiting from the Black Friday-type sale: Australia, Singapore, Netherlands Luxembourg, US, UK, Spain, Mexico, Japan, India, Italy, Germany, France, China, Canada, Belgium and Austria.
Who can shop on Prime Day?
Some deals are open to general shoppers, while others are limited to only Amazon Prime subscribers, who are able to take full advantage of the deals. A subscription will cost you $119 annually, which isn’t bad considering all the benefits afforded to Prime Members, like this massive sale.
There is a little loophole however: if you haven’t subscribed to the one month Amazon Prime free trial, now is the best time to do so. This will allow you to take advantage of the Prime Day specials while not being a paid member. Students also benefit, as Amazon have partnered up with Sprint, offering students a free six-month trial period.
As pointed out by CNET, it is very much possible that Amazon Prime subscriptions may form part of the Amazon Prime Day deals, so be on the look out for lower subscription sales during that 36-hour period if you are not yet a member.
The Best Early Deals Currently Running
These are some of the best deals that are already available before the July 16 official Prime Day date. Some of these products will require you to log into your prime account to check see the discount being applied, with some products only showing the discount during the final stages of checkout.
The ASUS VivoBook F510UA 15.6-inch laptop, a crowd favorite, is getting a $89 price slash, costing you $509.
Google’s PixelBook, is getting $160 off its original price tag, costing you $839 for a machine that is packed with powerful components and it is well suited to the modern day individual seeking a productivity orientated laptop.
The Acer Chromebook 14, a Chromebook built for ease of use and convenience is getting a $45 price cut, costing you on $245.
If you’re a keen gamer, then the MSI GE63VR Raider 4K-212 15.6-inch will tickle your fancy. This gaming beast comes with all the necessary hardware to run modern AAA titles at max setting without tiring itself out, costing you $1 549 (originally $1,899.00).
Microsoft’s Surface Book 2 is being priced at $1 399, with over $100 off. Not only is this 2-in-1 laptop classy, but it is packed with components that’ll run all your applications with ease. On top of this, it has a 17 hour battery life!
The Fire HD 10 Kids Edition 2-Pack is going for $299.98, which is a $100 less than the original price. If you are looking for the ideal entertainment for your kids, be sure to check out this kid-friendly tablet.
Smart Home Devices
The Echo Dot, which features everyone’s favorite voice assistant, Alexa, will see a $15 price drop to $34.99.
Amazon’s Echo Show will be selling for $129.99, a $100 less than its original price. It features both Alexa and a display for Alexa to show you things on.
The Echo Spot with Ring Video Doorbell Pro will see a $101 off it’s original price, costing you a $278. The Ring Video Doorbell Pro is simply a doorbell with a small camera on that connects to your Echo Spot through the Alexa App, allowing you to see who is at the door on the display of the Echo Spot.
The $209.98 ($40 off) Echo Spot with Cloud Cam special will afford you the Spot and the useful security camera bundle for your home.
The Fire TV Cube and Cloud Cam Security Camera will be going for a $199.98 ($40 off). The Fire TV Cube will stream the camera footage from the Cloud Cam Security Camera to your TV, unlike the Echo Spot which has a small built in display.
Amazon’s Tap, a portable Alex-enable speaker, drops by $45 to a low price of $84 dollars. The Tap is a simple to use speaker that just requires a simple tap, after which you can interact with Alexa to ask for music from Amazon Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, and TuneIn.
If you are a new subscriber, you can a four month subscription to Amazon Music Unlimited for $0.99.
If you are an eligible member, you will receive the first three months of Audible for $4.95 per month, giving you access to a wide range of audiobooks from Amazon.
The Kindle Unlimited service will afford new subscribers unlimited access to over 1 million e-books for only $0.99 for three months. If you are an avid reader, then this deals will certainly appeal to you.
Prime Now, which expires on July 2017, will get you $10 off today, and then $10 off your next order for new users who use the code “20PRIMENOW”.
You can get the SanDisk Plus 240GB SSD for $53.99 ($16 off)
The SanDisk Plus 480GB SSD is going for $104.99, which is a $95 reduction from its original price.
Predicted Deals for Prime Day
Based on last years Prime Day specials, we saw Amazon discounting their own products, something they are known to do year in, year out. According to BestBlackFriday deals, the following products should be carefully watched and book marked based on previous year’s sales, and the predicted prices have been included:
- Echo (Second Generation) for $69.99 (Regular $99.99)
- Echo Dot for $24.99 (Regular $49.99)
- Echo Plus – $109.99 (Regular $149.99)
- Fire 7 Tablet for $29.99 (Regular $49.99)
- Fire 8 Tablet for $39.99 (Regular $79.99)
- Fire 10 Tablet for $89.99 (Regular $149.99)
- Fire 7 Kids Edition Tablet for $59.99 (Regular $99.99)
- Fire HD 8 Kids Edition Tablet for $79.99 (Regular $129.99)
- The New Fire HD 10 Kids Edition Tablet for $179.99 (Regular $199.99)
- Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote for $19.99 (Regular $39.99)
- Fire TV with 4K Ultra HD for $39.99 (Regular $69.99)
- Kindle Paperwhite E-reader for $79.99 (Regular $119.99)
- Kindle 6-inch E-Reader for $49.99 (Regular $79.99
Tips – How to Make the Most of the Prime Day Deals
- The Amazon App is worth installing. It will alert you to all the latest upcoming deals, which will allow you to not miss a deal that appeals most to you.
- Shopping at the Whole Foods Market. This will give you a $10 credit to use on Prime Day when spending $10 from 11-17th July.
- Amazon devices will almost certainly be seeing the most discount applied. They have stacks of neat devices, such as the Echo, the Kindle or their Fire Tablet line.
- eBay, Dell, Gamestop, Newegg and others are have competing tech sales of their own. The ‘Black Friday in July’ sale may offer better discounts on products.
- Check that your Prime account is up to date, paying attention particularly to your personal and payment information.
With the sale lasting only 36 hours, it is important to install the Amazon App as mentioned above and follow the hottest deals closely. It starts at 3pm sharp on Monday July 17th, running for a solid 6 hours longer than previous years, meaning you can get some sleep in in between deal hunting. Happy shopping!